Why you need a custom recovery image such as TWRP? The answer is pretty simple because this non-stock recovery can help you root your device.
Not only that it can be used to flash custom ROMs that support your device, mods and other tweaks.
Interested? Then wait no more. Let's get into the business.
Remember to perform the instructions written here but the risks are yours to take.
- TWRP recovery is developed by third party developers.
- Backup your device before proceeding to the guides.
- We also use Windows OS computer and a USB cable.
- We will issue fastboot command on your Windows PC. Make sure you have ADB & Fastboot installed on PC.
- Make sure your device's bootloader is already in bootloader unlocked stage.
- Enable your device's USB debugging mode.
How to install TWRP on Android device?
Download TWRP recovery image file via this link to your computer.
- Place the TWRP imag into the same folder of Adb & Fasboot on your computer.
- Open command prompt inside the ADB & Fasboot folder.
- You need to plug your device to computer using a USB cable.
- Then issue the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Choose OK if you are prompted to allow USB debugging.
- When your device is in bootloader mode, issue the command below to install TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
- The installation process will begin. Wait. Once it's done. Just type the command below.